If we aren’t able to automatically confirm your home address, we’ll ask you to provide a document to verify your address.
The most popular way to do this is by uploading the document as a PDF in the Countingup app.
You’ll also have the option to take a photo of the original printed version.
Documents we accept;
- High street bank or building society statements
- Credit card statements
- Gas or electricity statements
- Water bills
- Council tax bills (from the current tax year)
- Home or contents insurance
- V5 Vehicle registration documents (all pages are required)
- Driving Licence (if another document can be provided as ID)
- NHS Letter confirming an appointment
- Government letters (DWP, HMRC, confirmation of tax filings, confirmation of pension payments or statements of benefits)
Before uploading the document, please make sure it
- Clearly shows your current home address. This should match the home address provided on your application
- Has been issued in the 6 months, unless it’s a Council Tax Statement which we can accept as long as it’s from the current tax year
- Is addressed to you, not to your business or ‘The Occupier’
- Is written in English
If your supporting document does not meet the requirements, we won’t be able to accept it and you’ll have to repeat this step.
To make sure we can process your application as quickly as possible, please make sure the document meets all of the requirements before sending.