If you have signed up to the early version of our MTD VAT service, you can review and submit your Countingup clients’ VAT returns from your Hub. If you haven’t signed up, log into your Hub and click ‘Update my Hub’ to gain access to our new service.
The Countingup Accountant Hub supports:
- Digital VAT returns filing straight to HMRC for UK registered businesses trading in the UK, EU and outside the EU.
- VAT returns for businesses on an accrual accounting basis and with accrual VAT scheme.
Countingup is compliant with the new regulations from 1st January 2021 that impact UK businesses trading in the EU excluding the Northern Ireland protocol.
We take into account late claims from changes in previously submitted VAT returns (not in the Beta release).
In the future Countingup plans to support:
- Businesses on accrual accounting basis and with cash VAT scheme
- Businesses on cash accounting basis with cash VAT scheme
- The Northern Ireland protocol
- VAT in journals
- For partly exempt businesses, accountants can use a journal entry to adjust box 4 so in the VAT return box 4 is the recoverable input tax instead of the full input tax.
- C79 forms received from 1 Jan 2021 for supplies dating before 1 Jan 2021 can be covered using a journal to adjust the VAT account.