You can now review and submit your Countingup clients’ VAT returns from your Hub. If you haven’t signed up, read our article "Prerequisites to starting a MTD VAT return" for further guidance.
The Countingup Accountant Hub supports:
- Digital VAT return filings for UK registered businesses trading in the UK, EU and outside the EU.
- VAT returns for businesses on an accrual accounting basis, with the standard VAT scheme.
Countingup is compliant with the regulations beginning 1 January 2021, which impact UK businesses trading in the EU excluding the Northern Ireland protocol.
We take into account late claims from changes in previously submitted VAT returns.
In the near future, Countingup aims to support VAT in journals:
- So if transactions with VAT records are missing, you can input them in the Countingup system.
- For partly exempt businesses, accountants can use a journal entry to adjust box 4 so in the VAT return box 4 is the recoverable input tax instead of the full input tax.
- C79 forms received from 1 Jan 2021 for supplies dating before 1 Jan 2021 can be covered using journals to adjust the VAT account.