What type of second business account can I open an account for?
- The second account must be for a Limited Company
- You must be the sole Director and Person of Significant Control (PSC) for the company as listed on Companies House
Who can apply for a second business?
Both of the criteria below need to be met to apply for a second account.
- You can apply if you have a Countingup limited company account which is active or closed, or a Countingup sole trader business account which is closed.
- Your first account has to be in good standing order.
Please note that we’ve also excluded some industries for now.
AND Criteria 2
You can apply if you see the option ‘Add another business’ in the More tab. We are working hard to provide this to as many customers as possible. Please let us know if you need a second account but don’t see the option.
What details do I need to apply for a second account?
- Your personal details such as name, date of birth, address and contact details will automatically be saved from your existing account so you won’t need to re-enter this information. If you need to change your address or update your details contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your existing Countingup account was opened more than 12 months ago, you’ll need to provide a new selfie and photo of your ID to open an additional account.
- Limited company business name
- VAT registration status
How to apply
1. Open the Countingup app and select the ‘More’ tab
2. Tap ‘Add another business’
The application process shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes to complete. You will only see the option to ‘Add another business’ if you meet the eligibility criteria for additional accounts.
If you notice that your company name is not available, you may have applied for a second account previously. Contact the support team who can resolve this for you.
How to navigate between your two accounts
You can toggle between your two accounts by tapping the menu button in the top-right of your screen.
How much does it cost?
Additional business accounts are charged separately, using our standard pricing. Your new account will have no monthly subscription fees or transfer charges for your first 3 months. After the 3 month free period, our standard monthly pricing applies and your total monthly deposits determine your monthly subscription fee.
See our pricing page for more information.
Contact email@example.com if you have any further questions.